Friday, May 30, 2008

What a week...

Well folks I have had a very busy week. I met Elmo and Dora with my little sister, Emma. That was an experience! Emma ended up being afraid of her favorite character when she came face to face with him. Not me! I hugged him just fine! I really did try to help my little sister go to him but she was not budging for that. I think grandma finally got her to sit ever so quickly on his lap, but I was so busy watching everything I honestly can't remember. LOL There were lots of kids to see.

For the holiday we had a cookout and a bon fire with sparklers. Wow was that fun! Its nice to be able to sit outside now that the weather is warming up. Oh how I love the outdoors.

On Tuesday when I returned to school I got to read a Dick & Jane book to my kindergarten class. Ms. Collins is so proud at my reading abilities she let me do story time with our class. I felt like a teacher. Ms. Collins told my grandma on grandparents day last Friday that I come to school with such enthusiasm and that I leave just as enthusiastic as I came. I think that was a compliment, don't you? I just love my teacher and I love going to school. :-)

We have had some pretty great weather and been able to play outside a lot. Emma and I love the outdoors. I have learned how to do toe jumps on the trampoline. Great practice for me now if I decide to become a cheerleader in the future. I have also been practicing my reading and writing. I do this in my bedroom at my desk to keep Miss Emma from pulling at my books and papers. She just loves doing that kind of stuff. And me, I do like a bit of down time which daddy says it just fine. All big sisters enjoy time to themselves once in awhile. I am so glad my daddy understands these things. He is such a smart daddy!

At school we had field day and got to do so many fun things. Water balloons, races, games and great snacks! Who ever knew we could have so much fun in one short day! I love it, I love it. LOL I am a wee bit saddened by it all. I have made so many friends this year I just know I am going to miss them all when school ends. And Ms. Collins won't be my teacher next year. That is really saddening to me. She has been so awesome I cannot imagine not having her in first grade. But daddy says I will just get another wonderful teacher so not to worry myself about this. He says its all part of moving on to the next grade in school and I will get use to it. I hope he is right about that.

Ooops! Daddy is calling me for tubby time so I better get going. Grandma is suppose to be over tomorrow to play with Emma and me, so I need to get some rest. Hope everyone has a great weekend. I know we will. xoxoxox

No comments: